Ms. Bradshaw taught me everything I know

Monday, December 11, 2006

Home


HOME

Traveling is amazing. You find out more about yourself then the places you visit, or at least that has been my experience. When I left Atlanta I thought I would never look back. I thought I would find comfort of always being the stranger in a strange city. I would be a nomad. A citizen of the world. But then I cracked. I meet people who made me long for the one thing I did not have. Stability.

When I was with Micheal I learned to warming effect of the term ..home... I loved going back to our place where there was a cooked meal and someone there to share my day with. Sadly that relationship did not work out. Meeting the needs of someone proved to difficult when I did not know my own. So I sent myself on a journey to discover what was really important to me out side of the pressures of a family, a partner, or obligations. I wanted to strike out on my own and see what make up this world we live in.

I discovered that friendships are immeasurable in their importance in my life. I discovered how much I love my job, and how important it is for me to continue my education. And I discovered that I cant wait for the opportunity to come again to find that one guy to build a family with.

If you asked me before I started traveling what the most important thing in life was I would say "fun." But now I realize that building a family around you of love and support truly makes all the craziness that we face in the world seem less important and more tolerable. Some might say that I am experiencing the 'grass is greener syndrome' but they forget that I have experienced both sides. I know the stress and sacrifice required for a intimate partnership. I have been taught the non-judgmental attitude required for a true friendship. I learned the importance of being true to yourself in knowing your own values and strength required to voice them. I can say that this year has been about self exploration and travel. Looking back, I can smile when I think about when I have been. but when I think about my future I have a since of calm. Almost that the universe is telling me that somewhere in this world is a little condo of my own, decorated with Pottery Barn and a guy who's smile can melt my heart to share it with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home