Ms. Bradshaw taught me everything I know

Monday, December 25, 2006

Tell me lies tell me sweat little lies




Tell me lies tell me sweat little lies
The sad part about working on the holidays as a traveler, is not the lack of family, lack of presents, or lack of Christmas cookies. No, the depressing thing about being a traveling nurse, who works on the holidays, are the sad looks you get form your fellow employees who want to cheer you up by saying the following -

"It must be so depressing being by yourself, all alone, with no one to share the holidays with."

"I wonder what its like not to get any presents."

"Don't you get lonely"

"You mean you have NO family out here."

"I remember when I was single. I was so lonely."

or my favorite --

"My sister is having a party. You can come if you want to. I will adopt you for the day."

This last comment was given to me by a nurse whom I have only seen once during shift change. The story continues -

"No I am serious. The thought of someone spending Christmas alone is so sad. Why don't you come with my family to my sisters. It wont be an inconvenience at all. We can always set another place. Do you like eggnog?

To which I replied

"I am Jewish."

MARRY CHRISTMAS from SAN FRAN :O)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home